Skip to main content
- Library Cards: The Martin ID serves as a library card for Martin students, faculty and staff. It is used to check out materials and to access other library services. Beginning Fall semester, 2017, your library card number is your ID number from your class schedule, followed by the letters MR. You must visit the library and have library staff scan your ID into the library system before you check out books or place holds for the first time. (If you are taking classes online only and don't have a Martin ID card, the library will be happy to set up your account by e-mail. Just e-mail us at email@example.com )
- Non-student Library Cards: Non-student community members from Martin, Bertie and Washington counties may apply for a library card by visiting the library with a valid picture ID.
- Checkout Limit: You may have a total of 6 items checked out at a time, including up to 2 DVDs. Items are due back in 2 weeks and may be renewed twice, for a total of 6 weeks, unless someone else is waiting for them.
- Food & Drink: Please eat in the cafe or the student lounge in Building 4, not in the library. Drinks with lids are OK in the library.
- Cell Phones: Cell phones must be kept on silent or vibrate in the library. You must go into the lobby to talk on your phone.
- Noise: Please be considerate of those studying around you. Carrels along the back wall are provided for those who need a quiet study area. Three group study rooms are available. The community college library is provided for academic study and research, so we ask that library visitors closely supervise children under 16 that accompany them.
Computers, Printing & Copying
- Computers & Wifi: Computers are available in the library for use by Martin students and community members. Patrons who use computers must present a photo ID upon request by library staff and must also sign in and out. MCC students, faculty, and staff should use their MCC ID badges for computer access. Wifi is also available in the library.
- Printing: There is no charge for Martin students for printouts related to their classes at Martin. Printouts for personal use and printouts for non-Martin students cost 10 cents per page.
- Photocopying: A self-service coin-operated photocopier is available in the library. Copies cost 10 cents per page.